City of Sanctuary Southampton is a group of professionals and volunteers who work together to make Southampton a warm and welcome place for refugees and asylum seekers.
We aim to:
- Work with agencies, businesses and other voluntary community and social enterprise groups in Southampton to make it a welcoming city for all and in particular for Refugees and Asylum Seekers who have chosen to make Southampton their city.
- Help empower and encourage Asylum Seekers and Refugees to their local communities, and to UK society and to challenge hostility and discrimination against them.
- Continue to publicise and celebrate the contribution of Asylum Seekers and Refugees to their local communities, and to UK society and culture, and to challenge hostility and discrimination against them.
- Empower and encourage asylum seekers and refugees to take their full part in UK society and to reach their own personal potential
- Give Asylum Seekers and Refugees a voice in the local media
For news about City of Sanctuary Southampton, click here
Click here to find out more about here the national City of Sanctuary movement
Refugee Week 2017 will be the 19-25th of June. This years theme is ‘Our Shared Future’. To see what events will be going on in Southampton, please click here