The Women for Women stream projects have been going from strength to strength.
Women for Women is a project set up by women for women.
We want to empower women to design and deliver improvements to their lives, to make them happy, in a way that works best for them.
Our Aims are to:
- Create the opportunity for women to connect with other women within a safe environment to talk about hopes, wishes and concerns. Moreover, working together to find ways to make improvements to the lives of women involved.
- Offer female-centred support and guidance for female asylum seekers, refugees and other vulnerable women arriving in Southampton.
- Improve access for these women to the activities and services that already exist in the city for women.
Currently there are sewing classes and health groups available to any women who would like to attend.
- Morning Sewing club – 10am-12pm at the Third Age Centre. It is a free session but there is a nominal fee of 50p suggested. All of the equipment and materials are provided as well as refreshments as well as a creche for those who have children. It is a friendly and warm space for women to meet new people and to learn a skill. Every Tuesday morning.
- Evening Sewing Classes– These classes are Tuesday evenings from 6pm – 8pm. In these classes you will learn the basics in sewing and make things such as pillow cases and tote bags. Each session is £6.
If you would like to find out more information about how the national City of Sanctuary organisation are helping women, visit their webpage here.